DIANIP composite coatings improve mechanical components behaviour by optimising important surface properties such as:
- Friction coefficient (DIANIP G)
- Wear resistance level (DIANIP C)
IMPROVING THE FRICTION coefficient
The increasing of a surface friction coefficient may be very useful in some industry applications such as holding/braking systems or blockage of a mobile component in a defined position.
With Dianip G, ATELA is able to propose a very high friction coefficient coating, allowing a better torque transfert. The diamond-defined particles size embedded into an electroless Nickel coating permit to obtain a high surface rugosity which is now able to transmit important forces without any wear of the component being driven.
IMPROVING THE WEAR RESISTANCE LEVEL DIANIP C
When mechanical component get in contact with abrasives compounds, eg. paper paste, charged plastics, textile fibers, carton, sand, tobacco, ceramic pastes etc., a very high wear rate is noticed.p>
DIANIP C coating produced by ATELA has been specifically designed to increase mechanical components abrasion resistance.
DIANIP G coating cross-section
DIANIP C coating cross-section
Diamond Grain Size
Capacity of tanks
|DIANIP G50||40-60 µm||
|440 x 400 x 500 mm|
|DIANIP G35||30-40 µm||Sharpen
|800 x 620 x 500 mm|
|DIANIP G13||10-20 µm||High roughness
|440 x 400 x 500 mm|
|DIANIP C2||1-3 µm||
|980 x 630 x 1000 mm|
Appications: ♦ SHARPENING ♦ Friction ♦ ABRASION ♦ ROUGHNESS ♦ TRAINING
Surfaces DIANIP are composed of monocrystals of DIAMOND coated in a matrix of CHEMICAL NICKEL. Ownership and usefulness of surfaces DIANIP depend principally on the size of incorporated monocrystals of diamond are: hardness, abrasion, friction, training, sharpening. The perfect definition of the size of incorporated monocrystals of diamond allows producing surfaces roughness of which is absolutely regular and defined. Co-deposition and coating are performed by chemical way what allows to accomplish surfaces of perfectly regular thickness, without effects of edges, and to co-deposit diamond in any place of a surface even complex and consisting of internal diameters of weak dimensions, provided that they are crossing. The coating of diamond is made in 60 % of the size of the grain to assure a perfect anchoring. Technique DIANIP allows moreover to incorporate a high specific gravity of diamond in the matrix of chemical nickel, what, combined with grains of weak dimension (diameter 3 my), produces composite stores extremely resistant to abrasion.
Surfaces DIANIP, applied to rooms of machines, serve by their roughness regular and defined to ameliorate the effectiveness of systems of training, stopping or prehension. DIANIP is composed of a matrix of alloy Nickel-phosphorus deposited chemically in which are incorporated fine particles of DIAMOND of well defined and very uniform sizes. The level of friction leads by a rubbing against a treated surface to DIANIP the size of the incorporated grains of DIAMOND depends principally. A surface DIANIP incorporating grains of DIAMOND of a medium size of 35 microns has a so aggressive and harsh surface as it is perfect to whet or sharpen blades of knifes, scissors or pruning shears. The enlistment of grains of DIAMOND of a 13 micron size produces satiny surfaces in touch which are perfect to favour training without sliding and as a result without useless heating and without loss of energy. Incorporating surfaces DIANIP the very fine powders of DIAMOND, that is about 3 microns, serve for protecting mechanical rooms hard subjected to abrasion and to rubbing. In that case store is said composite because the fine powder of DIAMOND is incorporated in all thickness of store, what guarantees a constant resistance of DIANIP in time.
ADVANTAGES and PROPERTIES of coatings DIANIP
- The sharpening and the setting of edges allow.
- Increase the friction and facilitate the transmission of the forces from where possible miniaturization.
- Roughness of surfaces perfectly definite, regular on all surface and reproducible.
- Perfect regularity thickness of the deposits.
- Possibility of covering interiors or hollow parts.
- Respect thicknesses of deposit with ± 5%
- Thicknesses minimum of coatings DIANIP G35 and DIANIP G13 from respectively 40 and 20 microns.
- Thickness of DIANIP G03 is function of the application but can be ranging between 5 and 80 microns.
- Extreme abrasive resistant of DIANIP G03.
- Perfect reproducibility of all deposits DIANIP.
- Deposits DIANIP can be applied to all steels slightly allied having a chromium content lower than 5%, alloys of aluminium and alloys copper.
- Deposits DIANIP have a good thermal conductibility thanks to the strong density of built-in diamond.